Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Bike

I've said before that riding a cyclocross bike makes you feel like a kid again. It's a fast, fun, go anywhere bike. Well, I totally feel like an overly excited kid right now because I just got my new Stevens carbon Cyclocross frame/fork. This bike is easily the most comfortable, best riding bike I've ever ridden. It's light, stiff in all the right places, and the geometry and size fits me perfectly. The frameset has a world championship and at least one national championship under it's belt. Right now my precious is sitting in a cardboard box in my office. It seems sad to have such a work of art shoved in a box. I was able to get some new SRAM components bought to get this bike from it's current cardboard state to cruising down the road. I was going to go with a full SRAM Force build, but after doing some checking I found there was only a 17 gram difference in weight between Force and Rival shifters. So, with the performance being the same and the only real difference between the two being a magnesium shift paddle on Force and aluminum on Rival, I opted for Rival and saved a few bucks. A friend just replaced the Force derailleurs on his bike with RED so he's selling me those parts cheap. I hope to get around to building the bike in about a week, when the parts get delivered. I'll get some pics up when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment