Thursday, September 24, 2009

I heart Interbike

I got a surprise invite to Interbike, the national bike show in Las Vegas, earlier this week. I'll talk about it more a bit later but suffice it to say, I'm suffering from a serious case of bike lust. I managed to get the triathlete that I went with to ride quite a few 'cross bikes and I think I converted him. All I have to say is get your hands on the Stevens carbon 'cross bike. It's awesome! I rode about 4 different 'cross bikes and the Stevens was the only one I really liked. The Felt F15X was pretty good but the Easton EC70X fork had a lot of chatter. All of the bikes I rode had TRP brakes in one form or another on the bikes, the Stevens spec'd the magnesium for some extra bling.

I wish I had taken the time to demo the new Ellsworth Roots cyclocross bike. I found out just a little too late that Andrew Yee, the editor of Cyclocross Magazine, was included on the design of the new bike. He was in good form riding the new bike during the wheelers and dealers race at 'Cross Vegas. Andrew also let me know that the article that I wrote for the magazine on having a successful first race will be in the new issue. So, if you are a subscriber take a look. If you don't subscribe, repent, get a subscription and immerse yourself in cyclocross goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment